A couple of years back, I set out on a quest. A quest to make money blogging and make hundreds of thousands of dollars every single month; enough to retire from my job and live the life of my dreams. But alas, that didn’t happen after my first blog post.
C’mon man! What? People didn’t just rush to my blog after the first post. They didn’t even come and give me their money after my 9th, 10th, 11th, and so on…
What the heck?
Did I have my hopes too high? You bet I did. No one is going to be the next Tymothy Sykes or Cute Girls Hairstyles guru overnight.
This career field is relatively new with the advent of the Internet (and No, I will not give Al Gore props on his claimed invention). Thousands of people have jumped on the so called band wagon. According to DazInfo.com, a technology blog, there were over 111 million bloggers online by the end of 2011 (Old data, for sure, but I didn’t want to waste time from writing this article to do more research, so I will stick with the outdated data).
You see my point here. I’m not even going to try and speculate how many bloggers are out there in 2013. You get it – too many to count. Nonetheless, there are thousands of bloggers that are making a nice living online.
So what do these bloggers do to make money? The answers are pretty simple. So simple, in fact, that you’ll say to yourself, “Darn-it, self, why didn’t I think of that?”
Admit it, we all do this when an invention is put out into the market place that we thought of years ago, or one that is so effortless we should have thought of it, like the Tricycle Lawnmower (that would be the best gift ever).
But I digress, I better get back to my countdown of the Top 10 Ways to Make Money blogazinist.com , before my mind-numbing introduction puts you to sleep.
10 Ways to Make Money Blogging Countdown
Here we go…
The Number 10 Way to Make Money Blogging- Dress Like Your Favorite Superhero and Act Like a Moron in Front of the Camera
There are a lot of creative individuals on the web that are dressing up like their favorite super hero and then throwing away any self-dignity they act to act silly in front of the camera.
- Some of these individuals have over 1,000,000 views on YouTube, enough said.
- If your not comfortable running around your house in your PJ’s and totally acting like and overgrown ADHD child who had 100 Pixie Stix’s for lunch, then I don’t suggest you use this strategy.
- Don’t get me wrong, I think some of these videos are hilarious. And they are probably making a nice passive income each month from YouTube. It’s just not my style. But if it’s yours, go for it.
The Number 9 Method to Make Money Blogging – Placing Ads on Your Blog with Google AdSense
Google AdSense is a program in which you can place ads on your blog through Google. You get paid when visitors click on an ad on your site.
- You make a little bit of money.
- You make a little bit of money.
- Google AdSense is a nice way to earn pocket change, but you will never earn a full-time income off of AdSense if this is the only way to generate income on your site.
- Moreover, AdSense ads on your site takes the traffic that you worked so hard to attract and points them to another seller.
The Number 8 Practice to Make Money Blogging – Become an Associate of Amazon and Sell Their Products
This program works much like AdSense, only you are selling products for Amazon. I use this program to promote my books and others that I feel will be of use to my visitors. But again, there are some pitfalls with just depending upon Amazon’s Associates Program.
- You can create your own Amazon store on your website and sell every single one of Amazon’s products.
- You get paid monthly.
- You only earn 4% commissions on the purchase price.
- Consequently, you will need to sell an unheard of amount of Amazon products from your site.
- Also, visitors, once again, are taken from your website.